Welcome to the first month of writing challenges. The response has been great and I have taken this into account and have decided to issue three challenges to reflect the diverse membership and abilities of the participants. You are at liberty to accept one, two or all three of the challenges depending on your time and motivation.
This is not a competition. The writing prompts are designed to stimulate our imaginations and to nudge us all into writing more so that we can develop our writing/storytelling skills in an enjoyable fashion.
Your writing can be taken from real life experiences, totally made up or a mix of the two. There are no rules, no right or wrong. In my experience, the more you write, the better you become at revising and editing your own work. Interpret the prompts as you wish.
Aim for 500-1000 words for each challenge unless your work is a poem, then the word count should reflect your own style of poetry.
From the heart – something or someone you are passionate about.
A memory from your early childhood.
A piece with an opening line of: As we entered the tunnel…
We all have different reasons for joining in this creative writing challenge. It would be great if we can publish some of your work here on the website. That way we can begin to share experiences and learn from each other. Listed below are some of your options once you have completed your challenge/s:
- Do nothing, just enjoy the experience and reflect on what you have achieved.
- Publish your writing on your own site or blog but remember to send me the link so other members can read and comment on your efforts.
- If you do not have a blog or website, you can upload it to google documents (with a google account) and send me the link so I can include it here.
- Over time you might want to develop a writing partnership with another member and exchange your efforts to provide mutual support and feedback, probably best achieved by joining in the chat over on our Facebook page.
- Send me by email, your writing as an attachment (preferably in Word or Open Office format) and I will try my best to publish it here for others to read and provide you with feedback.
- Submission, if possible by Saturday 20th February.
Please submit your writing to: email@example.com