The challenge this month will be freestyle. In other words, write 500-1000 words in any style and without the restriction of a writing prompt from Untold Stories. Those who participated in the recent Friday flash fiction challenge to write an opening line to a story, might want to consider using their contribution as their very own writing prompt? Alternatively, your writing might come from an idea that has been lingering in the recess of your mind for some time or triggered by events that have happened of late. Your submission can be in English or your first language. It can be poetry or prose, factual or fiction.
We all have different reasons for joining in this creative writing challenge. It would be great if we can publish some of your work here on the website. That way we can begin to share experiences and learn from each other. Listed below are some of your options once you have completed your challenge:
- Do nothing, just write, enjoy the experience and reflect on what you have achieved.
- Publish your writing on your personal site or blog but remember to send me the link so other members can read and comment on your efforts.
- If you do not have a blog or website, you can upload it to google documents (with a Google account) and send me the link so I can include it here (space permitting).
- Over time, you might want to develop a writing partnership with another member and exchange your efforts to provide mutual support and feedback, probably best achieved by joining in the chat over on our Facebook page.
- Send your piece to me by email, your writing as an attachment (preferably in Word or OpenOffice format) and I will try my best to publish it here for others to read and provide you with feedback. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submission, if possible by Sunday, April 25th.
Please submit your writing to: email@example.com