Welcome to Untold Stories
Untold Stories was established in January 2021 by Ian Hicken. Ian now lives in Asturias, Spain. His passion for storytelling includes the written word, music and photography. He developed the idea of bringing together an informal group of like-minded people who enjoyed creative writing and went on to set-up a Facebook group and this website where individuals can nurture their writing skills.
How it works
Each month, three writing prompts will be posted. You are invited to take on either or both challenges (time-dependent). A word count of 500-1000 words would be ideal, more than that and you might not get the readership and feedback you want. Your writing can be in any language you are comfortable with. The writing can be in any form or style e.g. narrative, prose, poetry…This is not a competition, it is intended to help us all develop our writing skills and storytelling. Feel free to dip in and out as your time allows and please spread the word. There is no right or wrong, all abilities are welcomed. Once completed you have options.
- Post it on your own site and send me a link so that it can be included on the group website.
- Send the link to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org so your work in full can be considered for publication on www.untold-stories.world – A selection will be published each month for members to read and comment on.
- Exchange your writing with another member in our Facebook Group for mutual feedback.
- Choose not to publish.
- Join in the discussions on the group page, ask advice, support each other.
- If you submit a story for publication, please read and give constructive feedback on the next story published. Author 1 on 2, 2 on 3 and so on with the last story’s author commenting on story 1. Please leave feedback on the website.
- All members are invited to add comments and feedback.
“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” ~ Maya Angelou
- Please be respectful of group members’ beliefs, race, religion, gender, sexuality and abilities.
- Copywrite remains the property of the Author.
- Original work only please, no plagiarism.
- We all lead busy lives, join in when you can.
- Have fun and enjoy the journey.
Further Copywrite information:
Copyright © 2021
All rights reserved. This blog or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of the individual authors except for the use of brief quotations in a book review.